It’s that time of year again. The Holidays are over, you’re trying to get back in your normal routine, get healthy, and start preparing for the summer but there’s one thing holding you back- your bank account.
January is often the lowest-spending month of the year, with good reason! After splurging on gifts for friends and family, ordering an extra round at the bar, and paying for flights across the country (or the world) it’s understandable that we want to cut back this month. But how am I supposed to afford the boutique fitness classes? Those adaptogens that every food blogger seems to have an abundance of? The answer is easier than you think, buy in bulk!
The bulk foods section is overlooked by many. Our eyes are drawn to the cute packaging & designs of designer granola and crispy kale chips and before you know it you’re spending way more than you had planned on groceries. While most perishable items need to be purchased fresh, there are many items you can get for much cheaper online, in larger quantities and they’re delivered right to your doorstep. Here I’ve outlined 8 items that can be purchased online, in bulk and are always in my kitchen.
- Pumpkin Seeds– perfect for topping smoothie bowls, salads, yogurt, or just having as a snack mixed with other seeds, nuts, and dried fruit.
- Other Nuts & Seeds– these are essential to buy these in bulk to save money, and they keep for so long!
- Chia seeds– I put chia seeds in almost all of my smoothies because they’re a great source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, antioxidants, fiber, iron, and calcium.
- Flax seeds– Another great source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, lignans, and fiber. They give smoothies a nutty flavor and are great mixed into oatmeal.
- Dried fruits– My favorites are dried cranberries, blueberries, and raisins but there are so many others out there to experiment with! Great for baking as an alternative (or in addition to) chocolate.
- Protein Powder– I add protein to all of my post-workout smoothies because it not only tastes delicious, but is essential for muscle recovery & development. My favorite brand is IdealFit Protein Powder for women. They have so many delicious flavors to choose from so you can use it in anything from smoothies to baking!
- Coconut milk– Great for adding creaminess to sauces and curries.
- Oats– save money on buying granola and individual packages of oatmeal at the store and make your own!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.